Korobukuru( Oriental Adventures, p. 11)
|Size:||RaceSize object (4)|
|Base speed:||RaceSpeedType object (9) 20|
|Automatic languages:||Common , Dwarven|
|Bonus Languages:||Giant , Goblin , Hengeyokai , Sylvan|
Korobokurus are dwarflike humanoids that live in barren wilderness areas where they seldom come into contact with humans. They live in simple villages, tending small farms in secluded areas. They typically avoid any contact or involvement in the affairs of the world outside their farms, but occasional individuals, driven by wanderlust or inspired by some contact with human civilization, find their way into human lands. Korobokurus are not found in Rokugan.
Physical Description: Korobokurus stand about 4 feet tall. Their arms and legs are slightly longer in proportion to their bodies than those of a human. They are leaner than dwarves, averaging 120 to 140 pounds. Most are bowlegged. They have big, bright eyes, usually blue, green, or brown. Their ears are small and somewhat pointed. Their noses are round with flaring nostrils, and their lips are wide and full. Thick hair, usually light brown or blond, covers their arms and legs and grows in wild tangles from their heads. Most adult males have sparse beards, and even a few women have short whiskers sprouting beneath their chins.
- Small: As Small creatures, korobokurus gain a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but they must use smaller weapons than humans use, and their lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of Medium-size characters.
- Darkvision: Korobokurus can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and korobokurus can function just fine with no light at all.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison: Korobokurus are hardy and resistant to toxins.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against goblinoids (goblins, hobgoblins, bugbears, bakemono, and goblin rats): Korobokurus are trained in the special combat techniques that allow them to fight their common enemies more effectively.
- +4 dodge bonus against giants: This bonus represents special training that korobokurus undergo, during which they learn tricks that previous generations developed in their battles with ogres. Note that any time a character loses his positive Dexterity bonus to Armor Class, such as when he's caught flat-footed, he loses his dodge bonus, too.
- +2 racial bonus on Wilderness Lore checks: Korobokurus are familiar with the wild lands in which they dwell.