Kalashtar( Races of Eberron, p. 55)
|RaceSize object (5)
|RaceSpeedType object (9) 30
|Common , Quori
|Draconic , Riedran
The kalashtar are the children of two worlds, born of a spiritual symbiosis between humanity and renegade spirits from Dal Quor, the Region of Dreams. The touch of the quori subtly altered the physiology of the human host, and thus the kalashtar are a unique species, distinct from both human and quori ancestry. The most distinctive element of a kalashtar is his soul. The spirits of the original quori rebels touch the souls of their descendants, and this provides a kalashtar with an excess of psychic energy and a natural gift for psionic powers.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against mind affecting spells and abilities, including possession: The kalashtar's dual spirits help them resist spells that target their minds.
- +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks: Kalashtar are masters of social interaction, influencing others through their commanding presence and subtle psychic powers.
- +2 racial bonus on Disguise checks made to impersonate a human: Kalashtar have a close physical resemblance to humans.
- Kalashtar sleep but they do not dream. As such, they have immunity to the dream and nightmare spells, as well as any other effect that relies on the target's ability to dream.
- Naturally Psionic: Kalashtar gain 1 extra power point per character level, regardless of whether they choose a psionic class.
- Psi-Like Abilities: Mindlink (1/day). This ability is like the psionic power manifested by a wilder of 1/2 the kalashtar's Hit Dice (minimum 1st level).
If you are not using the Expanded Psionics Handbook in your game, use this description of the mindlink power:
You forge a telepathic bond with another creature within 30 feet, which must have an Intelligence score
of 3 or higher. The bond can be established only with a willing subject, who therefore receives no saving throw and gains no benefit from spell resistance. You can communicate telepathically through the bond even if you do not share a common language. No special power or influence is established as a result of the bond. Once the bond is formed, it works over any distance (although not from one plane to another), but lasts for only 1 round per character level. This is a mind-affecting ability.